Yoga for teens is a complete guide that helps you to create yoga classes for teenagers from 12 to 18 years old. The author makes her experience available, putting at your disposal a program of ready-to-use working classes, based on a method already tested with teenagers of different ages, in private studios and public schools.
You’ll feel immediately confident to start this exciting adventure, taking your time, during and after this course, to experience and develop your personal classes and style. The course provides tools to create a complete program of teens yoga classes whether you teach at school, in your own studio or at home.
Videos, pictures and downloading material are available in order to develop all those activities that are part of a yoga class, such us opening and closing rituals, how to sequence according to age and needs, breathing exercises, guided visualizations and relaxation techniques.
At the very beginning of the course you can download a class outline to follow during this training and in your future classes.
After reading the contents, listening to audios or watching the videos in each session, you are presented with a quiz. The quiz will help you to check your knowledge and learning level in order to make your teen yoga classes more effective.
The number of questions vary by session and are in a wide variety of formats including true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blank, short answer and long answer.
This course is designed to help you prepare, plan and then teach to teenagers, enjoying every moment. If you follow it step by step, creating your own program will be easy and funny.
What is available in this course?
- A deep introduction about the educational role of yoga
- Stages of teen development
- Benefits and characteristics of a teen yoga class
- didactic strategies
- a class outline and a complete program of 12 ready-to-use classes
- videos and downloadable material of 150 pictures of asanas, breathing exercises,
- guided meditations and concentration exercises.
Who should take this course?
- Yoga teachers interested in organizing classes for teenagers
- Teen yoga teachers who want to improve their classes
- Teachers who want to offer yoga in their school
- Dance teachers looking to improve student flexibility, focus and relaxation
- Social workers specialized in teens at-risk
- Parents who want to start a teen yoga class
Certificate / Qualifications
- Yoga Alliance points/Continuing Education
- Certificate of Completion